Today, it is very easy to get HVAC equipment prices from the internet. It’s harder to ballpark the cost of a ductless mini-split system professionally installed. Professional installation assures that not only are all system components compatible with each other but also are compatible with your particular situation. Your contractor factors in a number of things into your estimate like size, SEER, location and how the space will be used.
How Much Does a Ductless Mini-Split Installation Really Cost?
- Smaller Space / Budget Project: About $4,000
- An Average-sized Space: Around $5,500
- Large Space / Highest Efficiency: Somewhere near $7,000
What Affects the Cost of Ductless AC Installation?
For instance, is the new system cooling a fancy collector car garage, or is it heating an entire historic adobe house? These two different applications demonstrate four factors affecting the cost of your professionally installed ductless installation: Efficiency, versatility, size of the space, and availability of special or seasonal deals. One thing is for sure, the cost of ductless mini-split equipment, together with the cost of materials and labor required for installation is much less compared to the high cost of running an obsolete HVAC unit through leaky ducts for years.
Four Factors Influence the Cost of Installing Ductless Air Conditioning:
1. Efficiency: Some ductless mini-split cooling systems are more efficient than others. Put plainly, higher efficiency equipment costs more. The good news is, there’s an efficient system available for every budget. Any way you look at it, ductless systems are more efficient than ducted systems. Your Oasis Comfort Specialist can help you find the right mini-split for your situation and budget.
2. Versatility: Ductless systems do more than just cool. The good news is that a unit which both cools and heats, will not cost more!
3. Space Size: Total square footage and window placement are important considerations when calculating how many indoor units (called air handlers) are needed to distribute conditioned air. The number of air handlers your home needs is customized to make sure every room is as comfortable as possible. One or two indoor units cost less while eight or ten air handlers naturally cost more. If your contractor is removing old abandoned ductwork you can expect demolition and finish work to cost a little more. Oasis won’t try to sell you anything you don’t need – ever.
4. Special Deals: Often contractors advertise seasonal deals to draw customers. Oasis always passes on our advertised seasonal or factory savings to our customers. Keep in mind we also have excellent unadvertised deals, attractive financing and military discounts on comfort systems all year-round!
Looking for a precise estimate?
Call Oasis Air Conditioning & Heating! Our expert Comfort Specialists are always ready to evaluate your project and give you a written estimate on a professionally installed ductless mini-split system. We’ll help you design the most efficient and cost-effective mini-split ductless system, and delight you with our superior installation and service. It will keep your office, craft room, garage, new addition, or even your whole home, comfortable for years to come.
An inspection of your project and the new system estimate are always free at Oasis Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc – because at Oasis, We’re Not Comfortable Until You’re Comfortable! See our Special Financing!